Employees in California enjoy a wide range of protections from abusive and exploitative employers. In fact, California has some of the strictest wage & hour and employment anti-discrimination laws in the country. With our free employment law guide, you can learn about your rights and about the legal process involved in protecting them when your employer violates the law.
Get Answers to These 10 Important Questions
If you are not being paid the wages you are owed for the hours you work, or you believe you have been discriminated against as a member of a protected group, you need to know what to do to hold your employer accountable. In this free download, California employee rights attorney Joshua Cohen Slatkin answers the following questions:
- What is an employment law case?
- How do you know if you have a wrongful termination claim?
- What is the process involved in an employment law case?
- How do you get money from an employment law case?
- What if your own conduct is partly responsible for your termination?
- How do you find the right lawyer to take your case?
- How do you pay your employment lawyer?
- What is the time frame to bring an employment law case?
- What should you do immediately if you believe that you are being treated unfairly at work?
- What should you do after termination?
In answering these questions, Joshua gives you the tips and tools you need to protect your rights and get what you are owed.
Request Your Guide Today
As an employment law firm, we want workers to understand how the law works and what they need to do to file a successful claim. We advise clients to first make a complaint in writing to their employer and to keep copies of all communications. Even before calling an attorney, you should document and preserve all the evidence you can, including emails, paystubs, timecards, contact information for witnesses, and more. If you are fired, you should file for unemployment benefits immediately and start looking for work. As you are taking these steps, you should also call a lawyer! Fill out the form below, and you will receive an email shortly with a link to download your guide. And remember—we are here for you when you need us!